Bareback Riding at the 2014 Stonyford Rodeo Photo by Darrell Jensen
72nd Annual Stonyford Rodeo
Our 72nd year for Stonyford's annual PCRA rodeo will be May 2 & 3, 2015. It's two days of rodeo excitement. The first day is on Saturday May 2, 2015. The day begins with breakfast, followed by a charming little parade through town, then the rodeo at 1:00 p.m. The second day's events begin at noon on Sunday, May 3, 2015.
For reserved seats, contact:
Tickets will be available in early-year 2015 at the following locations:
- Stonyford General Store, Stonyford
- Carl's Feed, Willows
- Boot Barn, Chico, Anderson & Yuba City
- Bucke's Feed & Grain, Orland
- Marie's Lakeshore Feed, Clearlake
- Rainbow Ag, Lakeport
- Mendocino Co. Farm Supply, Ukiah
Plenty of free parking.
To be announced.
Two new photographers contribute pictures to our website
Darrell Jensen is a long-time fan of the Stonyford Rodeo. He attended his first one, he says, in 1947. He was school mates with Brother & Dick Moore and friends with Daryl & Joyce Bond for “100 years.” He is an amateur photographer who has been taking pictures for a long, long time. He photographs all types of events and frequently takes pictures for Willows High School.
Chris Haylett is former Community Church Pastor John Smith’s son-in-law. He, his wife, and children were visiting in Stonyford during rodeo week, and he was kind enough to assist Roy Stewart in photographing Saturday’s rodeo action. Chris is an aspiring missionary, and he and his family are on their way to a missionary post in Columbia. Chris is retired U.S. Air Force, where he served for 23 years working primarily as a photographer.
Click on Photographs to see their work
The following press releases describe events or performers at 2014 Stonyford Rodeo. Click on the link to download the article.
- 71st Annual Stonyford Rodeo. This article announces the upcoming rodeo and provides information on camping and lodging.
- The Wild Child is Coming to Stonyford. This article announces that Troy Lerwill, aka "The Wild Child" will be the specialty act.
- Small Town Rodeo, Big Town Performers. This article describes the rodeo pageant and the supporting players: bullfighters, pick-up men, announcer, rodeo clown.
- Mariah Westfall is Stonyford Rodeo Queen. This article announces that Mariah Westfall, of Williams, is the 2014 Stonyford Rodeo Queen.
Comments and Feedback
Please use the Contact (top or right) link to leave us your comments and/or feedback, as they are very much appreciated and will help us improve the rodeo and this web site.
To download the brochure click here later for page 1 and here for page 2.
- From the south: Take Interstate 5 and exit at Maxwell (approximately 80 miles north of Sacramento), and follow the signs for East Park Reservoir and Stonyford. Stonyford is approximately 28 miles from Maxwell at an elevation of 1200 feet. Go here for a map.
- From the north: Take Interstate 5 and exit on SR162 at Willows. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp and follow SR162 to Elk Creek. After crossing Stony Creek, turn left and follow the signs to Stonyford.
2014 Rodeo Results
To view or download the results of the 2013 PRCA and Amateur events, click here.